There were no sprinklers inside the Spokane House Hotel in west Spokane when the laundry room caught fire Tuesday morning.
The fire was called in at 5:40 a.m. in the 4300 block of West Sunset at the America's Best Value Inn Spokane House Hotel.
When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames in the laundry room and quickly evacuated the building. They found the fire had burned a couple of mattresses and spread to an electrical panel. It took 34 firefighters about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire.